Winter tyres are not always sufficient, given the challenges of driving during winter. Hence, you will need to install winter wheels. These provide optimal driving control and safety. If you want to purchase top-grade winter wheels Rotherham, drive to Kilnhurst Tyres without a second thought!
We are a renowned automotive centre offering top-grade tyres, car services and winter wheels. Our extensive stock includes a range of top-quality winter wheels for various makes and models. You can visit our facility and seek assistance from our experts to choose the perfect winter wheel for your vehicle.
What are the benefits of winter wheels?
Winter wheels facilitate optimum car performance in extreme temperatures and offer a safe driving experience. Here are some of the benefits of winter wheels:
- Help maintain the structural integrity of car tyres
- Ensure driving comfort and on-road safety
- Offer excellent vehicle stability, cornering precision and traction on snow, ice, slush, etc.
Types of winter wheels available with us
We stock both alloy and steel winter wheels Rotherham to cater to the requirements of our vast clientele. You can have a look at the pros and cons of both wheel types and decide accordingly:
Alloy winter wheels
Here is a look at the advantages of alloy winter wheels:
- The lightweight construction of alloy wheels helps improve your vehicle’s manoeuvrability on ice-covered roads. They come made with nickel and magnesium.
- They improve fuel efficiency by reducing rolling resistance.
- Alloy wheels are available in various styles and sizes to enhance the aesthetics of your vehicle.
These wheels also come with certain disadvantages. They are as follows:
- They are susceptible to damage even at minor impacts.
- Alloy wheels get easily oxidised and are prone to rust and corrosion.
- They are expensive, and the repair costs are also high.
Steel winter wheels
Know about the advantages of steel alloy wheels:
- Steel wheels are highly durable and perfect for heavy-duty vehicles due to their robust construction. These come made with steel.
- They are not prone to impact damage or oxidisation.
- Steel wheels are affordable, repairable and easily replaceable.
Steel wheels have certain disadvantages that a vehicle owner must consider before buying:
- The heavyweight construction exerts more pressure on the suspension system.
- It also increases the rolling resistance and thereby reduces your car’s fuel efficiency.
- Unlike alloy wheels, steel wheels are available in limited styles and designs.
Was it helpful? Then, conclude your ‘winter wheels near me’ searches with us!
For further details, please visit our workshop and get assistance from our experts!